Mommy Psedornna

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

16th Months Development - Part I

My little boy yet to 16th months, but I better update his monthly development seperately since I had missed out for months! Hahaha... Sorry for my laziness... Busy (excuses =p...)


Physical Development
Weight - He didn't gain much weight since a few months back. The max will be 10kg and fluctuate up & down.

Height - I think is about 78cm.

I did check on his physical development according to the BMI chart, it is falls on the 40 percentile, which is a little bit skinner than other toddlers. We feed him as normal and he eats as normal too. I don't think due to this reason we need to force him to eat more. Anyway, as long as he is healthy. ^_^


Speak Development
He call "mama" on his 6th months & "papa" around 8 months.
Enjoy my boy video here, which he kept calling "papa" & here, which he called "mama & papa" ^_^

Now he can speak a lots, till I forgot to jolt down one by one =p... Surprising he can speak "Hokkien" well as the baby sitter's husband is speaking Hokkien with him. Here is whatsoever I can remember la =p...

Meh meh (Hokkien) = scold
boh (Hokkien) = no more
Oo Oo (Hokkien) = dirty
bak (Hokkien) = tide (when he needs us to tide his bloster string for him)
poh poh = grandma (my mother)
yeh yeh = grandpa (my father-in-law)
duck - only say "duck" during bathe time
milk - I heard this once only, normally he lazy to say but show me the hand sign
bubble
banana - he will say "nana" instead
apple - "appa"
ball - can speak perfectly "BALL"
ba ba = Barney
woof woof = dog
moo moo = cow
book - I heard him said twice, this lazy fella always show his hand sign
bao bao = his beloved bolster
mum mum = eat


Word Development
I am so sorry to say that I really didn't jolt down any of his word development. He knows more than I expect.


Sentence Understanding
He understood a lot of commands & sentences. I just try my best to jolt down here. =p... really sorry for my laziness, my dear!

  • Put back, Put down your hands
  • Don't move, freeze!
  • Do you want to drink water? - he will answer me "water" by using hand sign OR no by shaking his head
  • Throw it into the dustbin
  • Put inside laundry basket - Before shower, he will automatically do this for mommy
  • Turn on the radio
  • open / close the door (any doors)
  • put on your shoes before step out of the house & take off your shoes
  • help moomy to mop / sweep the floor
  • Tell mommy it is HOT if the cereal/milk/porridge is too hot for you
  • stand up, sit down, lay down
  • clap hands, clap feet, stomp your feet
  • walk backward
  • Go and find your bolster / tumbler & pass to mommy

arhhh.... It is more than I can remember as well! I think better stop here.

Overall, he understands what are we trying to talk to him most of the time. I am trying to stop nursing him, but drink milk from the bottle. First & following attempts was failed as I felt pity of him and surrender. I tried again on monday night, he cried till fell asleep without milk. When he asked for milk on Tuesday night, I passed him the bottle, he hold the bottle, lay down on his bed, and finished the milk in the bottle. YES! Just one night!


Baby Teeth

He merely has all of his central incisors, FOUR in total. A bit slow, right? ^_^

First tooth popped out on the 12 months & 2 weeks.
Second tooth was 1 week after the first tooth.
Third & Fourth tooth was 14 months + 2 week.

I like this photo VERY much! My little boy was smilling at the camera (my HP) while I asked him to do so ^_^

This photo perfectly showed his first tooth, the only tooth when he was 12 months+.

No comments:

Post a Comment