Chiffon and swiss roll always are my favourite. Since I start baking after being a full time mommy at home, I have no confident to try these, as my baking skill still on junior level. Hehehe...
Finally, I bought a chiffon pan on Dec 2014, only have time to try my first Chiffon end of December. Surprisingly, it turned out perfectly!!! It was super soft, super spongy and super moist. Yummy!!!!
My first chiffon was green tea flavour, as in my kitchen only have green tea powder. ^^
As usual, my baking will not put in any artificial coloring, flavoring and other chemical. Try my to reduce or totally eliminate the use of baking powder and baking soda.
Green Tea Chiffon Recipe
(A) Egg yolks - 5
Sugar - 20gram
(B) Water - 90ml (20ml green tea + 70ml water)
Oil - 60ml
(C) Superfine Flour - 125gram
(D) Egg white - 5
Sugar - 90gram
Lemon Juice - 1tsp
1. Whisk (A) well then add in the (B) mixed well.
2. Gently fold in the (C), then set aside.
3. Whisk the egg white till soft peak. Avoid any water into the egg white, as a single drop of water will spoiled the meringue.
4. Scrap in the meringue into the egg yolk batter.
5. Bake in the oven 160c for 50 minutes.