Mommy Psedornna

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Taste of Breast Milk


Been wondering what is the taste of breastmilk, until my first try during my confinement. It is sweet, a bit taste like bamboo juice, which my hubby and I found it so funny, why my breastmilk taste like bamboo juice. Hahaha… Overall I can say it is taste like diluted formula milk.


Every time I warm up the express breast milk for Bryan, I will taste with my wrist and sip it. Anyone saw me doing that will so surprise and asked me why I drink my own milk?!?! But I do not find any problem with this. Anything I give to Bryan is the best I can afford to. Then my breast milk is the best for him as well :D hehehe….



I am not only sipping the little breast milk, but I experience to drink 9oz of my own breast milk! ^0^ It happened about 3 months ago…..



On the 28th October, one of our customers required to meet up with us in Cyberjaya. No choice, I have to fly there on a day trip. Urghhh…. It was tiring because the flight delayed. I left my house about 7am in the morning and reached home around 1030pm. The time I left, Bryan yet to wake up; and he was slept when I reached home. This was the FIRST time I left my Bryan for more than 12 hours.



Due to the short period of separation (15 hours), definitely I need to pump breast milk in KL at least once. To avoid the troublesome (airplane liquid ban) for bringing back my EBM, I decide to discard the EBM.


So, I choose to pump around 2pm;-


1. Save time, just pumped once in KL.

2. I just discard 1 bottle of EBM, so not much wasted. :P… Ya, I’m calculative woman.

3. I can pump again once I reach home at night, where both of breasts were FULL of MILK. Hahaha…



At 1pm, my supervisor and I were in Pavilion to spend some time there before our next appointment. YES! The toilet there is quite clean compare to other shopping complex. Need to apologize to my supervisor that she has to shop around alone while I was in the toilet for milk production. After the milk production done, holding the bottle, looking at the milk… Discard? Discard? Discard? Since I haven’t take my lunch (cause we took heavy breakfast around 10am), a bit hungry… okay, sip a bit to try the taste, even I knew what the taste is. Okay, decided to drink all instead of throwing away.


Glut glut glut glut…… finish the 10oz of milk in seconds. Hmm….. Taste good and full. Hahaha…. *self appraised + happy*

No comments:

Post a Comment