Mommy Psedornna

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Engorgement

The milk production room yet to be fixed, again forced to pump breastmilk in the toilet again :( When I started pumping, pump… pump… pump… pump… pump… er???? Why no suction at all? Maybe I haven’t made up the vacuum condition, okay, try again. pump… pump… pump… pump… pump… No suction at all?!?!?!?!? Took a deep look at the breast pump, Oh gosh! The white valve was not there!!!!! How am I going to pump? Nothing I can do now! Just wait until I back home.



The following 3 hours in the office was torturing me! I can’t even do my work properly, can’t call candidate at all. The breast felt hard, the skin was tightly stretched, tenderness and it extend up into the armpit. I can hardly lift up my arms, especially when I was driving. Arghhhh….


Once I reached home, quickly searched for the white valve in the sterilizer. Yupes, it was in there! I called my hubby to back home earlier than I so he can have an eye on Bryan while I was pumping. After half an hour of pumping, I felt released….. yeah…. Then I start storing my breastmilk; poured into the storage bottle one by one.



WOW!!!! You know how much breastmilk I pumped? It was 18oz. YA, it was 18oz!!!! I break my own record! My record was 16.5oz in one pumping previously. Because of the engorgement, I break my record from 16.5oz to 18oz. I rather don’t break my record! It was not good news! I should be more careful in future!


4 comments:

  1. Hey if can, try to learn to hand express your BM. In my opinion, it's much better cos you can personally feel whether breasts still full or not, quieter, more convenient cos no need to lug breast pump or manual pump, cleaner cos no need to sterilise any equipment other than making sure your fingers and hands are clean before expressing.

    Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I have thought of that at that moment too. But I definitely won't do it in the TOILET :D....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes of course...toilet is so disgusting! Unless its those 5 star above hotel or something... Else, better not...

    One time I breastfed at the corner of this quite isolated floor in First World plaza, Genting. Just used a cloth nappy to cover front, MIL stood at the side (like guard hahahah) and I breastfeed there. No baby room available and the only baby diaper room is a makeshift from one of the toilet cubicles... bah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine the scene while reading your comment :D That's breastfeed mommy experience, which others won't understand the feeling. Hahaha...

    I am enjoying every breastfeeding moment, yet there are some relatives and friends ask me to quit, due to it is troublesome. try to explain to them the benefits of breastfeeding, yet there claim that I AM STUBBORN. aih...

    ReplyDelete