Mommy Psedornna

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Breast Milk Storage

My best friend, ME was given birth to her little princess on 28th Nov. Congratulations!!! She is so adorable, especially her eyes.... pretty pretty!!! Don't know how Bryan will react when meet up with her?!?!


She is breastfeeding mommy too and we talk a lot about labour, confinement, baby, pee&poo… The most is breastfeeding. We are new mommies, no experience, just read some books, articles through internet to learn to be a good mother. She is going to resume to work end of this month and been asking me about the breast milk storage QUESTION.



I am not sure mine is “correct” / “Hygiene” enough / best for babies… Just to share around here. Please feel free to leave me a comments / advices / suggestions…. All are WELCOMES!!!



These are the breast milk storage bottles I bought; left picture – Mom’s Little One; right picture – Bumble Bee. Both are BPA-free and the volumn is 5oz. Apparently I have 34 bottles with me.


While Bryan was 3 months, he took 4oz every feeding. So I will pour 4oz and store in the freezer. When I send him to baby sitter, just brought 5 bottles together. That’s all.



Every milk production session will not exactly filled the whole bottle, I’m not a machine ^0^ So, I will put all the fresh breast milk into the freezer. On next milk production, just fill in the left over bottle in previous milk production up to full bottle. Normally I will maximize the volume by pouring in 5.5oz instead of 5oz, even it is stated there “DO NOT FILL THE BOTTLE MORE THAN 5oz” as the breast milk will expand after storing in the freezer. But I didn’t follow :P as long as the bottle not crack will do. If not, 34 bottles are not enough to store my breast milk.


Hmmm… is it details enough to guide you, ME? My English not good, can’t really explain very well here. If you have any doubt, just give me a call loh :p….. Hahaha… Finally, still back to the same, we talk through the phone. Failure me! Aih…..

No comments:

Post a Comment