Mommy Psedornna

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Should I END for my milk production? OR Shouldn’t I?


Initially, I received a lot of emails saying my blog is too MILKY, after my posting of Milk Production – Part I & Milk Production – Part II. So I have stopped till now…… Should I END for my milk production?



First, I will be happy & glad to say I successful to breastfeed my boy till now, more than 13 months. I bought the first tin of formula milk 2 weeks ago as too many friends & relatives advice me to change him to formula since he was 9 months. I think there is no harm for my boy to try on since I have fully breastfeed him for the past 12 months. So I request some samples from different brand of formula milk, in order to let my boy try on which flavor or brand that suit to him.



But my boy doesn’t like the taste of formula at all. He will push away the milk bottle and scream at me. I tried to spoon feed him with the formula milk, he will show me he wanna vomit. @_@


Then I tried to mix the formula milk in the rice cereal for him, he PUKED. The milk of the meal before was out! Then he refused to take in any cereal. Then I tried to get some advice from experience mommy on how am I going to change him from breastmilk to formula. Most of the answers from them are “Why should I change since the supply is enough and he doesn’t like the formula”.


So I continue to breastfeed him at home, but baby sitter tried to mix breastmilk with formula milk to let him try. So far I will try on all the food before it goes into my son, same goes to this formula. Definitely I familiar with the taste of breast milk, and I even drank a couple of oz before! Read here. The taste of formula is sweet, thick and strong taste of milk; breastmilk is sweet too, not so thick… Errr… I can say more like diluted formula milk.



But…………………………..


When I picked up my boy after working this evening, baby sitter told me that

he willing to drink the formula itself and next week onwards I no need to pass her any of the breastmilk anymore!



I thought that I will be happy when my son willing to accept formula milk. But… but… I felt… felt a bit “sour” in my heart T_T


Is that means I no need to nurse him anymore? I will miss the time we spend together when I nurse him. My boy will look at me when I nurse him, one hand holding his bolster or holding his leg, playing with his toe or use his little index finger pointing in the air…. Or draw on my tummy… Or use his little index finger to poke my eyes, my nose, my teeth… When he was tired, he will just laid down in my arms and enjoy his milk… My boy quite greedy (maybe I should say he just cheeky), he will always think the other one is taste better and will change himself to the other breast for milk. It is all GREAT moments for me and my son. Both of us are SO ENJOY during the nursing!



But… do I need to stop? My freezer still got around 28 bottles, I think I need to start feeding him all the expressed breastmilk in the freezer as I no need to pass to baby sitter anymore.



I will not END my breastfeeding but I will start to reduce my milk production by expressing breastmilk once a day during working day.


My dear Bryan, mommy will nurse you whenever you need it!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mommy Psedornna!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving your compliments and for following my blog!

    Btw, if you are still able to produce BM, why wean leh? At 16.5 months now, I'm still breastfeeding Ben and as of today, there is still not a speck of formula powder in our house. Of course, I dread the day when I really have to wean him but I read in some website that after 12 months, they can go for cow's milk instead of formula. I didn't read in details for this, so you might want to check it out or ask your paed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your advice Jenny. I let my son tried the formula as I really moved when everyone around me persuade to feed formula :( EVERYONE!

    But I wonder where can I get the cow's milk? Is it from those Indians selling fresh cow's milk in a bike?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, glad u r back! I absolutely support bfeeding! in fact I am still bfeeding my 15mths Jude. however, I still introduce formula since few months back. (1day 1 bottle). I heard many baby fully on bmilk reject formula totally after turn 2 years old. so I introduce formula to Jude little by little... I still nurse him whenever he wants. But I also feed him 1-3bottles (3-4oz) of formula daily..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lyn, I heard about tat too. That's why I let him try the formula. But I worry that I do not get enough nutrient for myself. Wondering what should i eat?

    ReplyDelete