Mommy Psedornna

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mommy Worries

I am glad that my boy has a good manners, on the other hand, I am worry about him of being bully by other kids.

WHY I SAID SO???

My boy was food allergy last weekend and we were in Hospital to get some medicine from the doctor. Quite a numbers of patients on Sunday, we waited for more than an hour before our turn. While we were waiting for our turn, my boy was playing with some toys and the slide.

I used to complaint about the rudeness of my boy when playing with his toys. But at the moment I saw him playing with others toddlers / kids, I realised that he is the most gentle one.

First, he will asked my permission to play. Then as usual, he will take a stool to sit down and play and take another stool for me to sit beside him. There was not enough stools for the toddlers there, so I told my boy to give the stool to other toddlers, and he did so. He played the toys in front of him and will not disturb others. He will stared at the toys if he was interested on the toys other toddlers were playing, he dare not to grab it from others. BUT... others did that to him and he felt so surprise on the toddler's attitude. Luckily I am able to distract him from the toys.

Slide. Whenever we go to playground, I will keep remind my boy about "follow the Q", "wait" & "take turn". He will follow the Q, wait for his turn to slide down. This little boy will kept saying "Bryan wait" & "Bryan takes turn". Same incident happened, where not all the kids in good manners, they cut the Q, push other toddlers etc... My poor boy just stood behind and wait for his turn. In fact, not much chances for him to slide unless no one was at the slide. Then only my boy said "hah, Bryan turn. Up... Up... Up... Sit down... slideeeeee"

I won't blame or angry at other toddlers who were not having good manners, they need to be educate. As a parent, you should advice your toddlers, even kids not to do so and so to younger toddler! But, the parents just sit there seems to be nothing happen??? I didn't know that they are the parents, till they called their kids when it was their turn to see Dr!

Even my 2 years old little boy knows what he should do and what he shouldn't do. There was a little girl about 15 months, my boy will gave his turn to the little girl and hold the little girl hands when she climbing up the steps. When the girl fell down, my boy will "sayang" her as well. How about your 6 years old (I guess) pre-schooler? Not saying to help others, but not hurting younger toddlers will helps a lot. As a parents, the father was focusing on the laptop and the mother was focusing on the phone. I think your kids need you more than those devices!

On the other hand, I am worry about my boy if he enroll to kindergarden soon. Before I have a baby, I planned to send my boy to kindergarden at 3 years old. As everyone doing so in Penang and blame that the kids can't follow up with the sllabus if you send them in at 4 years old. I knew some parents even send their toddlers to school at 1.5 years old!

Yet, after Bryan 18 months, I decided to teach him all by myself and only send him in after 3.5 years old. Will see how in future. As I feel that he learns quite fast and he can concentrate well on the new things we teach him. For instance, my 2 years old boy knew A to Z & 1 to 14 by 20 months. The vocabulary that he understood is more than what we expect too.


I will be glad if any bloggers/readers can provide me some of the teaching tools for 3 years old here. OR do you know what the kindergarden teach those 3 years old toddlers? 

So that I can do it at home with my boy without sending him to the kindergarden before 3.5 / 4 years old.

2 comments:

  1. Dear, since Bryan is a fast learner kid. U may let him start to play puzzle. Thatha starts to play since she turns 2. And now she can complete 100++ puzzle by her own. I am quite proud of her. And ipad is a good tool to teach kids too. *@*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... Thatha so smart! 100++ puzzle! I dun think I can do it ^,^ Hahaha...

    My boy likes to play with ipad as well, actually planning to buy for him as his 2YO birthday present. but he seems to be addicted to ipad easily, thats y i give up...

    ReplyDelete