Mommy Psedornna

Friday, March 19, 2010

PaCiFieR

Apparently, my brother-in-law’s wife writes on her facebook wall upon weaning her baby girl from pacifier. The baby girl is one week younger than Bryan, I remember I did blog about her some day in Nov last year. She has sleepless night as her baby will woke up at night looking for pacifier. She will update her baby weaning status every day in facebook. Hope she can make it ^_^



Is it too early to wean? I remembered I read an article before where pediatricians suggest that the age of 18-24 months is the best time to wean toddler from the pacifier. I understood about her worries upon dental problems of her little baby girl. But back to my questions, is it too early to wean? Any suggestion?



How about Bryan???



Bryan didn’t know how to suck on pacifier for the first and second month after born. (Errr… I think that’s the reason I failed to nurse him for the first few months) Yet, he started to suck on his thumb when I resume working on the third month.


Advice from my sisters are “thumb is harder to wean than pacifier” Therefore, I have to let him try on the pacifier in no choice. He not really like it and used his hand to take out the pacifier and then put his thumb in @_@ Sooner, we just gave him the pacifier while he was ready to sleep and could take it out after he fell asleep.


This photo was taken when Bryan 3 months+. He would take out the pacifier himself. Or maybe he didn't like the pick color pacifier?


He insist take out the pacifier after I changed a new "BLUE" pacifier :p... Hahaha...

Maybe Bryan is not really like to suckle much on pacifier, he didn’t use it since he was 7 months. I am quite lucky, right? Hahaha… Everything has it pros and cons.


Bryan doesn’t like pacifier, but he likes biting his own finger. It happened where he made himself vomit due to placing his finger deep into his trachea ~.~



How about your babies? Pacifier or thumb lover?

2 comments:

  1. My first boy used to have pacifier... Then we weaned him off at 7month old. We see he sometime doesn't need pacifier to fall asleep, So we took away immediately. it took 3days to weaned off successfully.. i feel it's quite okay and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same goes to Bryan as well.
    Hope my brother-in-law's wife can successful wean her from pacifier soon ^_^

    ReplyDelete