Mommy Psedornna

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bryan First Fever…. T_T


6 March, Saturday


Bryan was slightly fever since last Saturday, around 37.3 degrees. My hubby & I brought him to Tesco for some grocery shopping after the job fair in the morning. He was tired & lean on me for the 1 hour shopping in Tesco.




7 March, Sunday


His condition was same, not active as normal but is better than Saturday. I just gave him the paracetamol once in the afternoon. We thought of all this was due to his first tooth is popping out. So not much worry and his temperature not higher than 37.5 degrees should be safe.




8 March, Monday


Bryan still feverish, slightly higher than Sunday, was around 37.5 degrees in the morning. Sent him to baby sitter and back to office as usual. But all my mind was Bryan, couldn’t concentrate on my work at all, worried that his temp will rose in the afternoon. Therefore, paid him a visit during lunch hour. I “ta bao” my lunch and rushed to Aunt M house. Surprisingly, I saw him playing happily with Uncle M; kept showing me how he climbed up and down the mattress; use his index finger to point at all the stuff in Aunt M’s daughter’s bedroom; showed me how to “sayang” jie jie’s (Aunt M’s daughter) soft toys etc. Felt relief after the visit and back to work happily.



His condition became serious at night! When I checked, it was 38 degrees! I thought he was better since he was given the paracetamol twice today. So I gave him the medicine plus affixing the cooling pads on his forehead, which I requested hubby to buy it on his way home after working. He fell asleep in a minute after I put him down on the bed.



I couldn’t sleep well for the night, kept awakening and checking his temperature every now and then, poking his ear with the ear thermometer. His temperature rose up to 38.2 degrees at 3am! I was so stressed out, changed the cooling pad for him and hope it will help.





9 March, Tuesday (today)


Send sms to my supervisor to apply EL (emergency leave) early morning. Gets ready to go Hospital, but Bryan just stuck with me whole morning and kept crying when I left him for bathing. He sweats after the cried, hope it is a good sign. So I changed the pajamas for Bryan before we left home around 9am.



Been waiting for 1 hour for our turn in the hospital :(


Doctor checked his lung, tummy, ear, mouth and throat. Claimed that his throat was infection, no sign of dengue, maybe cause by viral fever. The fever will continue for 2 days and end up with rashes.



Just keep my finger crossed and the fever will go after 2 days.




2 comments:

  1. usually babies fever gets worse at night.... I usually will wake my baby up midnight after feed, then undress him, bring him to toilet to sponge him... Yes, as mummy, we dun get to sleep well when our babies are not well....
    Both my boys had terrible feverish when they almost turn 1... it could last for weeks..
    Jude just recovered from fever, running nose and cough that lasted more than 3 weeks...... I waas tat close of breaking down already..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sharing Lynette ^_^ I agreed with u, tat's y mommies are "wei da" :p...
    This was the first one he had, so quite nervous.
    His first milk tooth yet to pop out, wondering what will happen on the day come. cause i heard from other mommies that baby will fever for a week!

    ReplyDelete