Mommy Psedornna

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Baking ~ Chocolate Chips Muffins

This is what my big boy always request for ~ Chocolate Chips Muffins!

Chocolate always not my cup of tea, just my big boy love it. So, not much comments, yet it still soft and yummy. Chocolate lovers will like it as my boy does.

As a mom of two, I mainly baking for kids, so I try not to use too much of chemicals and artificial ingredients, but organic raw materials instead. My cooking and baking always low in sugar, oil and salt. My kids have same taste bud as me too, they do not like sweet as well. If you are following my recipe and like the sweet taste, better add on some sugar (maybe around 30g - 50g).

We do not like sweet. If prefer sweet, can sprinkled some cinnamon-sugar on tops of the muffins before baking. Be careful do not burn the top of the muffins. OR may try other glazed to your favor.

For a nicer favor, may add in 1 tsp of vanilla essence into the wet ingredients. I would try to be more nature as usual.

As usual, most of the recipes on always start with ~ preheat the oven. But for me, I am a bit s~l~o~w, so I would like to take out all the ingredients, cool down to room temperature (if necessary) then measure the quantity as required first. After all these are done, then only I preheat my oven.

 Chocolate Chips Muffins
Dry Ingredients:
2 cups (250g) self-raising flour
110g granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Wet Ingredients:
½ cup (120g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
2/3 cup (160ml) milk

 (bake 12 regular muffins)

  1. In a bigger bowl, mixed well the dry ingredients, fold in the chocolate chips at last.
  2. In another bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients.  MUST mixed well!
  3. Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients, gently fold in till moist, do not over mixed.

I had tried a few time to find out the best temperature and duration for my oven before I get the BEST results. The best for my cheap oven is 160oC for 25-30 minutes. How about yours???


~Happy Baking~

No comments:

Post a Comment